Quoting RFC2860 [Re: I-D Action:draft-azinger-scalable-addressing-00.txt]

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Mon Sep 27 23:22:25 CEST 2010

Thus wrote Tony Li (tony.li at tony.li):

> This almost works for me.  Instead I would say that single-homed entities get PA and mildly multi-homed get PA and grossly multi-homed get PI.

The why matters here, a lot. If you are put out but not broke when all
your TCP connections drop (as long as you can create new ones right away),
and aren't in the situation that your customers can't find the service
that's the reason for your company to exist until DNS cache time has
exceeded when you lose your preferred link, multi-PA multihoming works.
If either is not true, you may need PI even if you only have two uplinks.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)