ToS-like processing of the IPv6 Traffic Class?

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 02:01:54 CEST 2010

Fernando,

I can't comment on what people do in practice, but RFC 2474
(which grandfathers IP Precedence from RFC 791) applies in
strictly the same way to IPv4 and IPv6.

Whether a particular network domain chooses to deploy diffserv
or not is an entirely local operational decision. I would
personally advocate deploying diffserv identically for IPv4
and IPv6, simply to minimise surprises, if products allow it.

   Brian