Windows Vista / 7 - pure IPv6 (NATPT)

Brandon Applegate brandon at burn.net
Wed Sep 1 19:18:23 CEST 2010

Should this work ?  I have a working NATPT environment.  Using Cisco IOS
to do NATPT.  Using patched BIND to do DNS64.  Doing 'stateless' /
option-only DHCPv6.

Using Linux client (dibbler for dhcpv6/dns) this behaves wonderful / as
expected.  All DNS queries get a AAAA (synthesized) back from things that
are A only.  Clients work just fine (Firefox/Chrome/ssh/$im_client/etc).

Tried a Windows 7 laptop this morning - dhcpv6 worked great.  Got SLAAC
address, got one DNS server (ipv6) via dhcp.  Got about a 30% success
rate.  Google Chrome / IE would connect to ipv4 only sites (sometimes).
Ping at command line would ping the NATPT address of ipv4 only host
(sometimes).  No rhyme / reason that I could see.

Am I missing something ?  Something wrong with this laptop ?

PS: I have tried disabling the 'DNS Client' service to no avail.

Thanks in advance - apologizes in advance if this has already been
discussed (I did do some quick searching on the list archives though).

--
Brandon Applegate - CCIE 10273
PGP Key fingerprint: