How to preempt rogue RAs?

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Sat Oct 30 22:36:00 CEST 2010

On 10/30/10 12:19, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Den 30. oktober 2010 21:13 skrev Michael Sinatra
> <michael at rancid.berkeley.edu>  følgende:
>> A quick and dirty solution would be to configure the real ISP routers that
>> are providing the native IPv6 service to set the RA preference to "high."
>
> FWIW, he said that they already did, and it doesn't help.

Indeed, I now see that.  Have you checked on the wire to make sure the
RAs really have preference "high"?  We were able to solve very similar
symptoms with that configuration, so a bug in the actual router
implementation may be the culprit.  It may also be useful to look on the
wire to see if anyone else is announcing with preference "high."

michael