How to preempt rogue RAs?

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Sat Oct 30 19:50:38 CEST 2010

* George Bonser

> Did you also have the "routing and remote access" service enabled?  That
> turns the windows box into a router.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried to turn that on now, but no change
in behaviour - it doesn't transmit RAs back onto the access LAN.

Another thing I noticed is that the local 6to4 adapter is instantly
disabled when I activate transmission of proper RAs from the upstream
router in my lab.  To me that's an indication that ICS might not be the
culprit after all...but if it's not ICS I'm out of ideas on what it
could be.  :-(

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson