draft-ietf-v6ops-3177bis-end-sites WGLC

Brian E Carpenter brian.e.carpenter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 00:12:09 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-25 17:47, George Bonser wrote:
> People just don't seem to be "getting" the problem that is just over the
> horizon when all the multi-homed nets that are on v4 suddenly start
> announcing themselves on v6.

Some people have been very worried about that since, well, before
RFC 3177 was published. They've been even more worried since the
RIRs started handing out PI prefixes. But it's a different issue from
what 3177bis is talking about.

I suggest draft-irtf-rrg-recommendation as further reading
on this topic. If it makes you even more worried, that would be
a rational reaction, imho. This is our biggest unsolved problem.

   Brian