/52 Never Mentioned?

Elmar K. Bins elmi at 4ever.de
Wed Oct 20 09:48:05 CEST 2010

Re Erik,

ek at google.com (Erik Kline) wrote:

> > ... just as a /56 is seen as the middle ground where a /64 could be too
> > small but a /48 could be seen as wasteful ...
> >
> > How small would you want to splice the address space?
>
> Nibble boundaries make it fairly convenient to slice and dice as you wish.

Definitely necessary in the face of reverse delegation.

Anyways, in my opinion, v6 should be as classless as v4, so you can use
whatever you want on your network. My understanding, though, is, that
quite a few systems, foremost home router stuff, will not work well with
anything besides /48, /56 and /64. Some people will feel pain.

El "in my backbone, /127s are no problem at all" mar.

--

"Machen Sie sich erst einmal unbeliebt. Dann werden Sie auch ernstgenommen."
							     (Konrad Adenauer)