Requesting comments on draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Sun Oct 10 20:00:06 CEST 2010

The IETF IPv6 Operations Working Group is initiating a two week working group last call of

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks
  "Mobile Networks Considerations for IPv6 Deployment", Rajeev Koodli,
  12-Jul-10, <draft-ietf-v6ops-v6-in-mobile-networks-01.txt>

This has regard to, as the title suggests, the use of IPv6 in 3GPP and LTE networks. We note that several networks have deployed IPv6-only networks in their domains or have started trialing such, primarily as a way to deal with the scarcity of IPv4 address resources or to improve battery life on handsets.

If you find issues, such as disagreeing with a statement or finding additional issues that need to be addressed, please post your comments to v6ops at ietf.org.

We are looking specifically for comments on the importance of the document as well as its content. If you have read the document and believe it to be of operational utility, that is also an important comment to make.