RFC3069 example setup for Cisco

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Nov 1 08:16:29 CET 2010

On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Jon wrote:

> Yes, i have used this but never needed the static routes.

So how did you know your customers didn't take each others IP addresses
then?

> Just ip unnumbered and local-proxy-arp was needed on a 6500/sup720/SX something

It might have worked, but I don't see how it would have provided you with
tracability to know what customer had what IP at the time since any of
them could have used it.

It's one thing to "make it work", another thing to make it work securely
and properly in a "hostile" environment. I thought that was the major
point to take away from the discussion.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se