So why is "IPv4 with longer addresses" a problem anyway?

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sun May 30 01:07:38 CEST 2010

On 5/29/2010 2:29 PM, Benedikt Stockebrand wrote:

> I don't think so.  If we had stuck with IPv4 except for the address
> size we'd still have

... all the things we have now, which work just fine except for the
upcoming free address pool exhaustion.

I've already said, I understand that there are some things about IPv6
that are "better" than IPv4 in addition to the longer addresses. However
at this point I don't see any new information entering the discussion,
which is what I was really hoping to see. Thanks to everyone who
participated in any case. :)

Doug

			-- Propellerheads