Mysterious missing DHCPv6 feature, was Re: How does one obtain an IPv6 DNS server when VPNing to an ASA?

Ralph Droms rdroms at cisco.com
Tue May 18 15:09:28 CEST 2010

Discussion of default router and prefix advertisement options for
DHCPv6 has been ongoing, in many fora.  Thomas Narten and I drafted a
spec for those options: draft-droms-dhc-dhcpv6-default-router.  We had
an open and frank discussion of the spec at IETF 74, San Francisco.
In my opinion, the discussion was pretty much on the merits of the
proposal and free of architectural preconceptions.  There was no
sufficiently well-defined use case or supporting constituency to
support moving forward with the draft.

So, if you want those options, bring it to the IETF and justify your
case...

- Ralph