DHCPv6 for IPv6 routing information, was Re: Mysterious missingDHCPv6 feature

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Mon May 17 21:16:03 CEST 2010

Which is adding DNS search list (so it provides the same
information as the associated DHCPv6 RFC) and going standards
track,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6man-dns-options-bis-00

> There does seem to be a draft for exactly this feature:
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dec-dhcpv6-route-option-03

Which is doing almost the same thing as RFC4191, which uses
RAs.

> So there's hope for the future. The "intended status" is INFORMATIONAL
> though, and it hasn't been accepted as a working group item
> yet, so who knows... :)

I understand the IETF's MIF working group has interest in
draft-dec-dhcpv6-route-option.

-d