Decent IPv6 firewall with failover?

Henrik Lund Kramshøj hlk at kramse.org
Mon May 17 09:54:32 CEST 2010

On 17/05/2010, at 09.46, George Bonser wrote:

> [...]

The SRX series is a bit more adventurous, but not stability wise. I run quite a few of
them, various models from SRX210 and up. Some single devices, others clustered.

The thing is they have merged in the screenos features and are scrambling to
expand the featurelist. My problems have mostly been with a few features supported
on some models and then not on the next.

Things like
IPsec+GRE tunnel, fine works - ohh in a cluster, then don't
IPv6 on low end models, and then suddenly not on larger models
Fixed 100Mbit - full-duplex, fine with single device, with cluster - cannot specify on reth Gbit interface on SRX210H
etc.

But the things advertised as working ARE working, so when features become
available they are trustworthy.

I made the switch from ScreenOS and things are different, but mostly to the better :-)
so now I enjoy Junos very much.

Best regards

Henrik

--
Henrik Lund Kramshøj, Follower of the Great Way of Unix
hlk at kramse.dk hlk at security6.net, +45 2026 6000 cand.scient CISSP CEH