Decent IPv6 firewall with failover?

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Mon May 17 09:26:09 CEST 2010

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa82/release/notes/asarn8
> 2.html
>
> "IPv6 Support in Failover Configurations: IPv6 is now supported in
> failover configurations. You can assign active and standby IPv6
> addresses to interfaces and use IPv6 addresses for the failover and
> Stateful Failover interfaces."
>
> Isn't that what you want?
>
> -A

Interesting.  Because here:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa83/configuration/guide/r
oute_overview.html#wpxref71253

It says:

Failover does not support IPv6. The ipv6 address command does not
support setting standby addresses for failover configurations. The
failover interface ip command does not support using IPv6 addresses on
the failover and Stateful Failover interfaces.

So now I don't know what to believe.