Decent IPv6 firewall with failover?

Henrik Lund Kramshøj hlk at kramse.org
Mon May 17 09:07:49 CEST 2010

On 17/05/2010, at 08.52, George Bonser wrote:

> I notice the Cisco ASA series still doesn't do failover for IPv6 as of
> 8.3
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a medium sized firewall (say
> something in the ASA5550 class) that can do failover?

I would look into the Juniper SRX range which are supposed to do IPv6 flow filtering
in Junos 10.2. YMMV, so check and double check support for the model you consider.

or if you don't feel adventurous with this new platform then the older SSG line, which
are still pretty nice and has excellent support of IPv6. We run SSG in active/standby with IPv6.

Best regards

Henrik

--
Henrik Lund Kramshøj, Follower of the Great Way of Unix
hlk at kramse.dk hlk at security6.net, +45 2026 6000 cand.scient CISSP CEH