Cisco 1801W, v6 on wireless, bvi argh.

Nick Hilliard nick-lists at netability.ie
Sun May 16 22:20:29 CEST 2010

On 16/05/2010 21:12, Andy Davidson wrote:
> By 'work', I mean pass v6 frames, act as a gateway, do ND, do router
> advertisement.
>
> If the bug *is* fixed, then is it my config which is wrong, surely..
> This is what I am doing - if someone has suggestions, I am all ears.
>  There are two attached methods :

You didn't try 12.4(22)T, did you?  This bug was fixed in that version, and
I seem to remember some level of success with it when it came out.  I
wouldn't be surprised if it were broken in subsequent versions.

FWIW, I have my bvi100 interface wired up to F0.100 (obviously vlan100),
with ipv4 on the bvi interface and ipv6 on F0.100.  However, the radio is
currently disabled, as there is someone's head situated about 15-20cm away
from the antennae.  But I seem to remember some level of success.  Or was
that with another installation other than my office?  Eh. Mmmm. Can't remember.

Must poke at it again, even if it means giving my cow-orkers horrible
carcinomas.  I'm running 12.4(22)T1.

Nick