How does one obtain an IPv6 DNS server when VPNing to an ASA?

Ben Jencks ben at bjencks.net
Fri May 14 07:53:04 CEST 2010

It's officially supported in 8.2.x, but there's apparently a nasty bug
in at least the early versions where the "inactive" appliance still
sends RAs despite not forwarding traffic. Be careful and test
carefully. (I didn't experience this bug, we're still on 8.0, but I
know someone who did)

WRT the original question: I assume you're using AnyConnect? If so, I
can't help you, but if you've managed to get anything IPv6 to work
with IPsec on the ASA, I'd like to hear about it.

-Ben