Requesting feedback for a considered DNS test

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Fri May 7 21:22:16 CEST 2010

On 2010.04.30 00:06, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> The brief that I put up for a description does not come close to
> describing what my complete thinking is, but it is enough for you to
> tell me whether there is another project that you know about that I
> could throw my efforts at instead, or continue on...
>
> http://ipv6canada.com/?p=110

Hi all,

I'm looking for a bit more feedback. The majority of the backend work is
now done, and before I begin finalizing the code, I'd like to get an
idea of whether my strategy for data storage is sane.

Each test will have an entry in the database, containing the first date
the test was successful, and then a second entry for when the last
successful check was run. The entries ending with 'f' are for first
find. A data snip is below.

I'm thinking that keeping the dates like this will allow for easy
statistical analysis and comparison, as well as for when I begin writing
the GUI/graphing engine.

I'm looking for feedback on:

- is this approach reasonable, and could it be done better
- other tests/functions that would be handy to have included

Thanks!

Steve

*************************** 3. row ***************************
           id: 5