Imagine

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Thu May 6 01:42:05 CEST 2010

On 5/5/10 5:48 PM, Simon Lockhart wrote:
> No - logic in the PAC file can be executed for every URL request (or, at
> least that was the case when I wrote PAC files about 10 years ago). I have
> no idea how much it has been updated to support IPv6.

You are correct. I did some reading up on this and it looks like you can
use the dnsResolve function to find the IP address for a host and then
do regex matching to determine if it an IPv4 or IPv6 address.

hostip = dnsResolve(host);
if (shExpMatch(hostip, "/^\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+$/g")) {
     return "PROXY proxyserver:8080;
}
else {
     return "DIRECT";