Imagine

Matt Ryanczak ryanczak at arin.net
Wed May 5 23:24:36 CEST 2010

On 5/5/10 5:09 PM, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
> Is there a possibillity to make simple proxysettings in Firefox in this way:
> site has only A-Record-->  use proxy
> site has AAAA-Record-->  connect directly

Why not proxy everything?
> Is this possible with a Proxy Auto-Config (pac) -file?

AFAIK this is not possible. My understanding of proxy autoconfig is that
it runs when the browser is started in order to configure proxy
settings. The script logic in the pac file does not run in response to
every host lookup a browser makes. I have limited experience with proxy
auto-config though and I could very well be wrong about this.

~Matt