Requesting feedback for a considered DNS test

Mohacsi Janos mohacsi at niif.hu
Sun May 2 07:19:03 CEST 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Antonio Querubin wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Gert Doering wrote:
>
>> I seem to remember a site that tried to do this, where you could enter
>> the address of your web site and if everything was "green", you'd get
>> an "IPv6 certified!" (or something like that) logo to put on your web site.
>>
>> Alas, I can't find it anymore, so at least *that* page wasn't a big
>> success...
>>
>> I like the idea :-) - especially with full-featured DNS and MX checks.
>
> Something close:
>
> http://www.mrp.net/cgi-bin/ipv6-status.cgi

This script can be a good attempt, but more inteligence shuld be put in
it:

- for a HTTP test it reports about ipv6.$domain - for my test case it
exists, but completly different from www.$domain

- DNS test complaining about the server not inside the domain - I think it
should not be a problem

- for ntp we are using time(number) not ntp name.

- xmpp is also exist, but in a completly different name

Best Regards,

 	Janos Mohacsu