Windows 7 and SLAAC?

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Tue Mar 30 18:07:38 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 07:54:37AM -0400, David Horn wrote:
> Microsoft has a "Cable Guy" article that describes Vista/Win 7
> autoconf behavior, including the netsh CLI interface syntax for this
> particular setting.
>
> netsh interface ipv6 set global randomize­identifiers=disabled
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2007.08.cableguy.aspx  for
> more information.

Thanks to all that have responded.  Yes indeed, this is what I was
observing.

It didn't actually cause any troubles, but I was telling people "IPv6
host part is built from the MAC address of that interface" and then one
user then asked "ok, so I have *this* MAC and *that* IPv6 address, and I
can't see any relationship"... - now I have an answer for him :-)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  150584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279