On killing IPv6 transition mechanisms

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Mar 19 10:39:30 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:46:49PM +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> However, if both the client and the server were to have 6to4-addresses,
> a 6to4-to-6to4 connection will be preferred over IPv4-to-IPv4, since now
> both the options have matching labels, but the 6to4 one wins because it
> has a higher sorting precedence.  In my opinion, this is a bug in the
> RFC, but I don't think it has any significant operational impact.

Since in this case, no anycast relays are used, this is should be similar
to IPv4-to-IPv4 in latency - so the general preference of "if all things
are equal, prefer IPv6 before IPv4" rule comes back.

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  150584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279