Latest Load Balancer IPv6 Support

Daniel Verlouw daniel at bit.nl
Tue Mar 16 23:16:48 CET 2010

On Mar 16, 2010, at 9:28 PM, Seth Mattinen wrote:
> On 3/16/2010 13:23, Leo Vegoda wrote:
>>
>> F5 seem to be getting a great big thumbs-up today.

+1

although there are some minor annoyances, such as setting the netmask on interfaces. You have to enter as 'ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff::' instead of '/64', pretty lame if you ask me.

Also note that IPv6 is not ASIC accelerated, so depending on your configuration and traffic profile you may want to performance test first.

> Is it still an add-on license for v6 support? Or am I thinking of
> someone else?

on some models, it still is an add-on license. on others, it's included in the base price. Just tell your reseller you want it for free and you'll probably get it, the usual purchasing tactics apply ;-)

   --Daniel.