Latest Load Balancer IPv6 Support

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Tue Mar 16 21:30:51 CET 2010

On 16.03.2010 13:46, Matt Ryanczak wrote:

Hi Matt,

> On 03/16/2010 08:21 AM, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>> Running v6 on our F5 BigIP since around 2006, and having quite a few
>> systems behind it. Mostly Webservers (http://www.lrz-muenchen.de). Other
>> than some weird traceroute6 output when tracing through the box it works
>> like a charm.
> Are you using gslb? Any chance you are using it for any DNS load balancing?

No GSLB and no DNS load balancing on the F5, we use Anycast for that.

For UDP traffic we do have our main Radius proxy behind the F5 though
(IPv4 only). No big issues. Sometimes the box got confused on outgoing
NAT (from the proxy nodes to some external department server) because
the source port was the same on both. We changed our source port to be
different.

Bernhard