On killing IPv6 transition mechanisms

Ole Troan otroan at employees.org
Mon Mar 15 20:09:39 CET 2010

>> if I was a content provider I would look hard at those numbers above
>> to judge if I wanted to piss off 0.08% of my customers and slow down
>> the web site for a quarter of a percent of the others.
>
> Your thinking in terms of a garage operation ISP.  "dual stack" to a
> content provider means "dual stack the SITE not the HOST"

it is pretty evident that you don't know what terms I'm thinking in. ;-)

the problem here isn't in the DC. the problem is that by adding an AAAA record to your site you will lose some fraction of your users. is that fraction small enough to ignore? hopefully. but let's not make it any larger.

cheers,
Ole