IPv6 black lists?

Benedikt Stockebrand me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
Fri Mar 12 14:04:24 CET 2010

Hi again,

Mohacsi Janos <mohacsi at niif.hu> writes:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, Benedikt Stockebrand wrote:
>

>> And keep in mind that with the RFC 3041 privacy extensions enabled by
>> default on post-XP Windows boxes, the majority of them *will* cycle
>> through the /64 anyway.
>

> Then these systems are Not compliant to RFC 4941.
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4941
>
> The updated privacy extension draft requires the default to be off.

correct.  Only since the original RFC 3041 didn't bother to provide an
API for applications to choose between temporary and public addresses,
most implementations provide a system-wide setting---BTW, do we have
an API specification for that by now?

Aside from that, I'm definitely not advocating the Microsoft approach
here, my intention was only to point out a fact relevant to the
blacklisting issue.

Cheers,

    Benedikt

--
			 Business Grade IPv6
		    Consulting, Training, Projects

Dipl. Inform.                 Tel.:  +49 (0) 69 - 247 512 362
Benedikt Stockebrand          Mobil: +49 (0) 177 - 41 73 985
Fichardstr. 38                Mail:  me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
D-60322 Frankfurt am Main     WWW:   http://www.benedikt-stockebrand.de/

Bitte kein Spam, keine unaufgeforderten Werbeanrufe, keine telefonischen
Umfragen.  Anrufe werden ggf. zu rechtlichen Zwecken aufgezeichnet.
No spam, no unsolicited sales calls, no telephone surveys, please. Calls
may be recorded for legal purposes.