On 6to4 gateway and recommended MTU setting

Rickman, Phil phrickman at upcbroadband.com
Thu Mar 11 13:40:45 CET 2010

you need to consider the latency on pMTU in general with long paths as the negotiation needs to be distributed along each link - each negotiating locally and globally.
Statics cannot be configured only at 1280 as anything higher on your network would cause drops from an originating MTU along the path higher than 1280.

Phil Rickman
NDA

DD - +31 207 789 969