On 6to4 gateway and recommended MTU setting

Martin List-Petersen martin at airwire.ie
Thu Mar 11 13:05:13 CET 2010

Hi,

Your underlying network is the factor, that limits you and that's the
IPv4 network. Remember, 6to4 is tunneling, just like 6in4.

So your MTU has to be smaller than 1500. EVERYONE is running 1280, why
do you want to run something else and break things even further.

Beyond that, fine if you run a gateway, but I'd focus my efforts to get
people to go native and not use 6to4 or try to change 6to4. 6to4 is
defined, it (sort of) works as it is and it will die eventually.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
Airwire