IPv6 brokenness in Norway, February 2010

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Mar 1 10:30:09 CET 2010

Hi list,

find attached the brokenness reports for February.  This time they're
generated from the readers of www.vg.no, Norway's largest web site.

The brokenness number is below 0.1% for the first time.  Another thing
worth mentioning is that Opera 10.50 is due to be released soon (RC3 was
posted today).  10.50 will be RFC 3484 compliant (on Windows at least),
so the majority of those 0.1% will likely go away once their users have
upgraded.

For the remaining 0.03% of brokenness not caused by Opera, I've been
unable to pinpoint any major causes.  Mac OS X-based clients seems to be
over-represented, though.  I'm also suspecting that some of the reported
brokenness is in reality just an artifact caused by the average
client-server latency being higher over IPv6 than over IPv4.

In any case I'm optimistic that we'll see some major content being made
available over IPv6 in Norway this month.

BR,
--
Tore Anderson
Redpill Linpro AS - http://www.redpill-linpro.com/