IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

S.P.Zeidler spz at serpens.de
Fri Jun 11 03:48:49 CEST 2010

Thus wrote Paul Armstrong (ipv6-ops at otoh.org):

> Doing this is insanely expensive and complicates the life of everyone
> needlessly. Unfortunately, getting people to move from something that's
> painful but known to something that's easy but requires a little bit of
> learning is difficult.

It's going to be even more difficult if you actively try to suppress
giving the people who need to do the actual work the information they need
to have.

Contrary to what some people on this list seem to believe, you do not say
"oh I want to speak another language now", clap your hands and a magic
genie bestows the ability to you. If that was the case I'd speak half a
dozen languages more than I do :-P
I know quite a lot of people who had English lessons 4 hours per week for
7 years at school and still haven't reached 'competent'. They didn't
manage to learn a second language well enough when they were teenagers
and actually had the necessary time to sink into it (and 'bad grades' was
an additional incentive), what makes you believe they would have any
better success suddenly now?
You don't need to go all "oh my precious culture" to just not be able
to learn another language well enough.

It's a good thing the actual power of people on this list to prevent
other people from doing as they please is near null.

regards,
	spz
--
spz at serpens.de (S.P.Zeidler)