IPv6 cookbook - was RA vs. DHCPv6 discussion

michael.dillon at bt.com michael.dillon at bt.com
Wed Jun 2 16:13:17 CEST 2010

> >> That's one definition of a cookbook.  I'd hope there would be some
> >> editorial oversight and quality control, especially if the
> >> participants in recent discussions here were all to be offering
> their
> >> recipes and editing each others.
> >
> > A wiki has the same editorial oversight and quality control as this
> > list. Except it is cleaner because the editor can just delete the
> > incorrect material and leave only the good stuff.
>
> Not so - there is no one editing this list to leave only the good
> stuff.

That's why a wiki is cleaner than this list where people only can
add good stuff at the end of a thread of bad stuff.

> > And you *DID* fix this, right? A lot of sites now rely
> > on a simplified form of Wikipedia's editorial model
> > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
> > Wikipedia:Editorial_oversight_and_control>
> > which in a nutshell is, "If you complain about the cooking, you have
> > just been elected as chief cook".
>
> I didn't.  I'm just the diner waiting for the chefs to finish
> arguing.  By all means elect me but don't expect cordon bleu.  Don't
> even expect something edible.

Nobody asked for something edible. Just go to http://www.getipv6.info
register as a user, then go to the page that doesn't have enough
URLs on it, and paste in the two or three that you think would
be most useful.

> And to stretch the analogy a little too far, I'm waiting until I'm
> sure the dish is perfected, the recipe is published and all the
> ingredients are readily available in my local supermarket before I
> start cooking.

It is all done. Go to that site that you like, copy the url from
the location bar (or right click and copy) then go to the wiki
page, click edit and paste the URL somewhere near the one that you did
find.

--Michael Dillon