Noticed IPv6 in a switch today

Merike Kaeo merike at doubleshotsecurity.com
Sun Jan 31 05:37:32 CET 2010

Just an added question below...

On Jan 30, 2010, at 8:17 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Mark Smith wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:35:45 -0800
>> Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at ipinc.net> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>    Apologies if this is old news to anyone but I noticed
>>> today after completing a firmware update on a Netgear GS724TS
>>> that it now appears to have IPv6 filtering capability.  I
>>> don't recall seeing it in the switch interface before.
>>>
>> Does it look to have any other IPv6 oriented features, e.g. MLD
>> snooping, SAVI? What level of filtering does it have?
>
> I'll post a link to a screen shot in a few days.

I'd also be curious to know whether they log filter exceptions.  A
few years back I was short of stunned that devices that did some
rudimentary IPv6 filtering did not have the capability to log any
exceptions.  But yay for more vendors starting to recognize that v6
really is going to happen...

- merike