IPv6-working freemail status

Joseph T. Klein jtk at titania.net
Sat Jan 23 20:01:25 CET 2010

Could this be a quad A reverse issue?

I have been running IPv6 (Sendmail) SNMP for some time.

I have been seeing more rejections based on the AAAA record, took me a
couple of passes to figure out why. By default XP SP2 is set with
anonymous address interface identifiers. I had one XP system so set and
had fixed IPv6 reverses on all other systems.

In the last month we started to see rejected e-mail from mail sent by
that system. I assume that some new widespread software patch just
started to check the AAAA reverses.

BTW the switch is:

netsh interface ipv6 set privacy state=disable

or

ipv6 -p gpu UseTemporaryAddresses no

--
Joseph T. Klein
"A community is democratic only when the humblest and weakest person