IPv6-working freemail status

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Jan 15 00:11:33 CET 2010

Hi Gert,
At 13:58 14-01-10, Gert Doering wrote:
>Can you name some specifics?  I've had an MX with IPv6 record since
>5 years or so, and have not encountered mail unreachables due to that.

That occurred two years ago with domains hosted with Postini.  There
were also some other cases where people verified whether the IP
address the MX host resolves to is reachable.  The test omitted to
take IPv6 addresses into consideration.  This is different from
message header parsing.

>I've heard that excuse before.  "Something might break, let's stick to
>legacy IP!!" (instead of "find out what breaks, and go fix it").  *sigh*.

Something is already broken.  You can either find out what is broken
and fix it or else keep thinking that it can only be dotted quad.

Regards,
-sm