Google filtering ICMPv6 type 2?

Mark Kamichoff prox at prolixium.com
Tue Jan 5 05:10:35 CET 2010

Hi Erik -

On Mon, Jan 04, 2010 at 08:04:24PM -0800, Erik Kline wrote:
> 2010/1/4 Erik Kline <ek at google.com>:
> > This is an issue that's been reported and we're looking in to right
> > now.  Sometimes pMTUd works, sometimes not, as you note.  Hopefully
> > we'll have some useful fix soon.

Great, thanks!

> I don't know you're exact setup but in the meantime you might set the
> MTU in the RA for hosts behind that tunnel; that way they know their
> correct MSS...

They're actually a few hops away from the tunnel in both test cases,
connected by GigE, so the MSS is correct for their local interfaces.  I
suppose I could change everything to 1280 on the links via radvd, but by
then I'm sure things will be long resolved.. :-)

- Mark

--
Mark Kamichoff
prox at prolixium.com