Safari on IPv6 ?

Ben O'Hara bohara at ripe.net
Mon Feb 1 13:54:10 CET 2010

On 1 Feb 2010, at 13:46, Marco Hogewoning wrote:

> On 1 feb 2010, at 13:45, Mark Smith wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 11:21:53 +0100
>> Marco Hogewoning <marcoh at marcoh.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Morning Folks,
>>>
>>> This should be easy, however I can't seem to find the answer online as most articles are about turning off IPv6 instead of one. I noticed Apple's Safari 4.04 defaults to IPv4 instead of IPv6 when both A and AAAA are present. Now you can discuss wether this is a safe default or not, I would really like to know where the little button is to switch this behavior to AAAA first, which I recall used to be the case on earlier editions.
>>>

>> Are you using a 6to4/6in4 etc. tunnel?
>
> Nope, native all the way
>
> MarcoH

Just tried Safari 4 on OSX 10.6 here and see

www.ripe.net - goes over IPv6
www.ipv6actnow.org - goes over IPv6
www.sixxs.net - goes over IPv4
www.kame.net - goes over IPv6

only difference I can see is that those that work only have one A and AAAA record, sixxs.net has multiple A and AAAA records..related?

Ben

--
Ben O'Hara                        RIPE Network Coordination Center
Systems Engineer                         Singel 258, Amsterdam, NL