/48 vs. /56 for customers, was XS4ALL Introduces native IPv6 for DSL customers

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Sat Aug 28 00:33:18 CEST 2010

On 2010-08-27 16:32, Nick Hilliard wrote:
> On 27/08/2010 15:15, Jeroen Massar wrote:
>> It is not incorrect as the space in between their /22's will never ever
>> be used by anybody else
>
> You have no evidence of this.

I am no cop or judge thus it might not be evidence but it is obvious
that ARIN reserves blocks in between those /22 for potential growth next
to the fact that none of the spaces in between have been allocated yet.

Another nice question is of course also why ARIN didn't even bother to
aggregate this into one huge chunk either. Then again RIPE also
sometimes allocates 2x /32 instead of a single /31 and it happens also
at other RIRs. Fun problem with that of course is that the RIR states
already that these prefixes are not one huge chunk but should just be
announced separately into BGP while if they would allocate the aggregate
they could just be done with a single prefix in BGP.

>> especially as it most very likely is reserved
>> for them anyway.
>
> You have no evidence of this either.
>
> I understand that you have a strong opinion on whether or not the DoD
> was assigned a /13.  However, it is an opinion and not a fact.

It seems you have a rather strong urge to try and cover it too, I wonder
why. If you would not have such a strong opinion you would just state
that you and me disagree and that is it. That is a fact ;)

Greets,
 Jeroen

(anyone some popcorn?.... ;)