Why you shouldn't worry about IPv6 just yet

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Tue Aug 24 10:05:02 CEST 2010

Hi There,

Le 20 août 2010 à 19:39, Michael Sinatra a écrit :

> On 08/20/10 06:41, Sebastian Wiesinger wrote:
>> Wow, what a well researched and balanced article this is:
>>
>> http://www.pcpro.co.uk/realworld/360418/why-you-shouldnt-worry-about-ipv6-just-yet/
>>
>> I'm pondering if this article is actually sarcasm or if he is
>> trolling.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Sebastian
>>

> Sorry, I stopped reading when I got to this line: "New devices are being added to the internet faster than Mexicans buy lottery tickets...."  I am not one to cry "racism" all the time, but such a flip line seemed totally inappropriate, not to mention irrelevant.  Such an article is not even worth reading.  (And what I did read indeed seemed like baldfaced trolling, and he doesn't even appear to be terribly adept at that.)

It sounds more sarcasm and trolling than really good journalism work.

We (all IPv6 guys there) will see how he will handle the lack of IPv4 and the needs to change all of his routers at home.

Just don't rely too much such bullshits...

We are in a time that we still have time to tests, and doing experiments about IPv6. Some people are not deploying and gets problems and reply to good questions about how to make this works... it is more or less like evolutions when dinosaurs desapears from earth.... :)

My O,02€.
/Xavier