Why you shouldn't worry about IPv6 just yet

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Sat Aug 21 01:38:04 CEST 2010

On 08/20/2010 13:45, Brian E Carpenter wrote:

> Well, hold on. He isn't saying that ISPs shouldn't worry. He's saying that
> current ordinary users shouldn't worry. Is that so wrong?
>
> ISPs need to worry, content providers need to worry, and people who will
> be new Internet subscribers from about 2015 need to worry.

Aside from the fact that (as others have already pointed out) most of
the article is written in very bad taste; my impression was sort of the
same as Brian's. *We* need to focus on the small details, but users
don't want this "eye pee vee six" thing, they want web, mail, movies,
etc. The details we need to focus on are how to make that work.

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso