IPv6-capable 10G switches

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Tue Aug 17 15:40:49 CEST 2010

I got a few suggestions off list I thought I'd share with you for
completeness:

1) H3C S5820X-28S - although I'm rather sceptical about the current
software quality of the Chinese manufacturers, judging from the data
sheet it does appear to have quite complete IPv6 support.

2) Dell PowerConnect 8024F.  In my experience Dell cares very little
about software maintenance, so I'm a bit sceptical about using this one
in a core role too, but like the H3C it does appear to have decent IPv6
support.  Anyone know who is the OEM for this box, by the way?

Entrasys was mentioned too, but I failed to find a model on their web
page that satisfies my requirements.

I also spoke with an Arista rep, who could confirm what Marco was saying
- IPv6 support is currently scheduled for 2H2011.  But he did also hint
that it might be possible to get it bumped to 1H2011 if necessary to win
some business.

Best regards,
--
Tore Anderson