Cisco 1801W, v6 on wireless, bvi argh.

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Wed Aug 4 11:54:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 10:57:45PM +0100, Andy Davidson wrote:
> Well, I can't explain the following based on the information in
> the bug tool, but I upgraded to 15.1(2)T (Adv Enterprise), and ipv6
> is working on the bvi interface right now.
>
> bridge XXX router ipv6 still does not appear as a possible command,
> but I put the ipv6 address on the BVI interface, and everything is
> singing and dancing as planned.

At last :-) - Thanks for this update.

> Bits of config that might serve as a hint, get in touch offlist for more ...

If this box isn't in production use, could you test something?

> interface Dot11Radio0
>  description Wireless Network / vlan 2
>  no ip address
>  !
> !
> interface Dot11Radio0.2
>  encapsulation dot1Q 2
>  bridge-group 1
>  bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
>  bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
>  bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
>  no bridge-group 1 source-learning
>  no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding

.... if you remove that from "bridge-group 1", and configure ipv4 + ipv6
addresses directly on the dot11radio0.2 interface (making it a routed
WiFi network, instead of bridged-to-wired) - will that work?

My last test for this failed, because there were no "ipv6 ..." commands
at all on "int dot11radio0.2" (while "ip ..." works as expected).

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  155817

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279