Requesting feedback for a considered DNS test

Gert Doering gert at space.net
Fri Apr 30 14:14:35 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 12:01:27PM +0200, Andrew Yourtchenko wrote:
> the v6-only DNS server test always succeeds so far - because I do not
> have one readily available yet.

Are you missing a DNS server with any v6 connectivity at all, or a DNS
server with *only* v6 connectivity?

The latter should be easily fixable by setting up a new host name
("ns1-v6only.mydomain.com") that only has an AAAA record, and delegate
a subdomain ("v6only.mydomain.com") there...

We currently don't have v6-only name servers, but if needed, I could
setup such an alias and point it to the v6 address of one of our
regular DNS servers - and then have it serve whatever information
would help your project.

[...]
> Any comments are likewise very welcome - I made it specifically so
> others could test.

This is Very Cool Stuff.

I've added the pixel to a (v6 related, of course) page of mine, and
let's see the outcome :-)

Gert Doering
        -- NetMaster
--
Total number of prefixes smaller than registry allocations:  150584

Tel: +49 (89) 32356-444            USt-IdNr.: DE813185279