IPv6 client loss measurements, now on the web

Tore Anderson tore.anderson at redpill-linpro.com
Fri Apr 30 09:57:05 CEST 2010

* Matthew Ford

> So, client loss of 0.01% with a 10s timeout. Is that acceptable to
> your customers (both the loss rate and the timeout)? How does this
> change with, say a 5s or a 1s timeout?

Hi again,

see <http://fud.no/ipv6/gnuplot/timeoutdiffs.png>, where I'm comparing
the 10s timeout to a 5s and 20s one.  There's not much difference
between the three, which I take it to mean that the 10s timeout plots
likely do what they're intended to well enough, without introducing too
much bias.  I've also updated the description of the 10s timeout
variants on the page.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Best regards,
--