Comcast's IPv6 CPE selection

Dave Taht d at teklibre.org
Mon Apr 26 21:27:13 CEST 2010

On 04/26/2010 12:58 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 04/26/10 06:45, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> On 04/24/2010 11:09 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
>>
>>> And all of this also applies only to the command-line interface

>>> Agreed on both points. I used to use openwrt, and it has some things to
>>> recommend it. However (AFAICT) the development has stalled, and they are
>>> definitely NOT focusing on newer hardware which means my latest CPE has
>>> no openwrt version available for it.
>>>

>> I don't quite "get" where you say openwrt has stalled.
>>
> Sorry, I wasn't clear, I was referring to development for new hardware.
> I can't run it on my newest AP, so it's not relevant to me. :)
>

> Doug

The equipment I mentioned is all "new hardware", shipped or developed in
the past year.

The Guruplugs, in particular, are an excellent candidate for CPE. (They
are what I intend to use, anyway - I've been using the open-rt
development box with great success)

http://www.globalscaletechnologies.com/t-guruplugdetails.aspx