IPv6 in HEP (High Energy Physics)

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Thu Apr 15 16:53:06 CEST 2010

Dear list,
(sorry if this topic is not interesting for most of this list members, i
know this falls more under promotion than operations...)

I was made aware that the usage (or non-usage) of IPv6 by this
HEP community is being discussed next week at a conference:

http://indico.cern.ch/contributionDisplay.py?sessionId=39&contribId=57&confId=73181

Content:
The transition to IPv6 has been just several years away for quite a few
years now. Some HEP sites (or the national networks they belong to) have
started tests and making plans. This discussion session will allow HEPiX
participants to share some of their experiences and plans. We should
consider what happens next. Is it time for HEPiX to start an activity in
this area, for example?

People working for NRENs (or others), who might know people within this
community from their country might want to drop them a word or two about
this subject... :-)

Best Regards,
Carlos