Broken DNS client resolvers (Was: Dealing with filtered 6to4 clients)

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Oct 27 17:12:04 CET 2009

On Tue, 27 Oct 2009, Jeroen Massar wrote:

> I would say, explain then to the Ubuntu folks how to properly resolve
> it, I am sure they will love you for it.

There is a bug reported that when you disassociate/reassociate wlan, it
doesn't drop the IPv6 address between (so after a few movements between
wlan:s, you'll have a bunch of IPv6 addresses from different /64s), the
response from the ubuntu people was that this needed a feature
enhancement, it wasn't a bug. The writing from the person in question
seemed to indicate that this wasn't seen as an issue.

So no, there is very little IPv6 love from Ubuntu.

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/215497>

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se