Hosting provider allocation advice

Wouter de Jong wouter at widexs.nl
Thu Oct 15 16:05:45 CEST 2009

Hi Gert,

high...)

Well, if each customer would have it's own subnet...
yes, we would be able to do that.
However, they don't... they share IP's out of the same /23 - /26's.
It would also give us way more then 1024 vlan's, which could potentially

lead to problems with our access-layer (max 255 vlans per stack).
Private vlans might be an option to bypass that one,
but I think that imposes a lot of other trouble,
and I'm almost certain that our access-layer doesn't support it.

> Gert Doering

Thanks & regards,

Wouter