Brekage due to Hurricane Electric/Internet2

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Tue Oct 6 19:06:43 CEST 2009

* Florian Weimer:

> Debian has received a report about a partition affecting access to
> security.debian.org:
>
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2009/10/msg00020.html>
>
> According to <http://routerproxy.grnoc.iu.edu/internet2/>, the BGP
> session to Hurricane Electric at Seattle is up, the prefixes are
> there, but packets are dropped.

I've been told that the looking glass needs some knowledge about
Internet2's routing architecture to use properly, and that I had
misinterpreted its output.  Sorry about that.

The site in Brazil for which the problems were initially reported
hasn't got global IPv6 transit, and it's likely that this is causing
the reachability issue (d'oh).