Top Websites Running IPv6

Dan Wing dwing at cisco.com
Wed Nov 18 22:48:28 CET 2009

I checked the top 1 million domains from Alexa by simply adding
"www6.domain" to what Alexa lists.  From that, 745 (0.07%) have
AAAA records.  Of those, 297 (39%) allowed me to successfully connect
to TCP/80, 44 (5.91%) advertise loopback (::1), and 404 (54%) failed
connections to TCP/80.  If one considers ::1 a failure, then
404+44=448 (60%) are failures.

-d